Measure the Performance and Capacity of Carrier-Grade DNS Servers Against a High Scale of DNS Queries
Stress Test DNS Servers at Scale
DNS Storm can generate up to 2 million DNS queries per second from up to a million different clients to find the breaking point of any DNS server.
Test DNS server performance by tracking how many queries are completed or lost and measuring the latency of query response times. DNS Storm supports more than a dozen DNS query types and tracks common DNS response codes.
Evaluate DNS Server Real-World Responses
DNS Storm uses a web crawler to automatically populate and continuously update a catalogue of half a million of the world’s most used domains. Accurately evaluate the server’s real-world response to both valid and invalid queries without the hassle of manual domain input.
Configure tests quickly and easily with DNS Storm’s modern, wizard-driven user interface or automate testing using RESTful API.
- Perform value-seeking DNS performance tests to find the maximum number of queries per second a server can handle
- Configure tests with valid and invalid queries to assess how the device will respond
- Scale testing by sending up to 2 million queries per second from 1 million emulated clients
- Avoid manual user entry with DNS Storm’s WebCrawler that auto populates a list of 500 thousand of the current most popular domains
- Induce cache misses and stress the DNS server to find the breaking point
- Capture statistics such as queries sent, queries lost, avg. packet size, min and max latency etc.
DNS Storm is available on high performance appliances and virtual machines.
- Generates two million DNS queries per second combined rate
- Emulates one million DNS clients
- Supports both IPv4 and IPv6 emulated DNS clients
- Records DNS response analytics and provides statistics & reporting
- Measures query response time and latency
- Maintains a catalogue of 500 million of the world’s most used domains
- Supports user configurable valid and invalid DNS query profiles
- Supports more than a dozen DNS query types including:
- A, AAAA, PTR, NAPTR, NS, MX, TXT, CNAME, SRV
- Supports DNS Return Codes Including:
- NOERROR, FORMERR, SERVFAIL, NXDOMAIN, NOTIMP, REFUSED, YXDOMAIN, XRRSET, NOTAUTH, NOTZONE
Configure tests with ease on the feature-rich, browser-based GUI or with our comprehensive RESTful API for increased automation. Run multiple tests at once and keep them running in the background, collaborate with your team, and easily connect and perform tests from anywhere.