Professional Grade, Easy to Use
Ekahau Pro site survey tool is the complete toolkit for designing, analyzing, optimizing and troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks. Running on either macOS or Windows, it is the de-facto tool for network engineers in companies of all sizes.
Ultra-Fast Wi-Fi Planning
Accurately design a high-capacity Wi-Fi network based on your requirements. Create the entire plan in 3D, and take into account wall materials, floor materials, antenna direction and up/downtilt , and many more factors. Design for coverage as well as capacity thanks to the advanced Capacity Planning features.
Wi-Fi Site Surveys
Ekahau’s Wi-Fi site survey tool allows simple yet ultra-comprehensive validation of Wi-Fi network coverage and performance. Purchase Ekahau Pro as part of the Ekahau Connect product suite, and get Ekahau Sidekick measurement hardware, as well as Ekahau Survey for iPad to conduct light-weight professional Wi-Fi site surveys.
Optimized for Ekahau Sidekick®
Combine Ekahau Sidekick (sold separately, part of Ekahau Connect Suite) with Ekahau Pro™ for fast and accurate on-site surveys, ultra-high end spectrum analysis and longer battery life.
Conduct in-depth testing of access point configurations and metrics to identify common issues such as coverage holes, co-channel interference, non-Wi-Fi interference, over-capacity, high channel utilization, and malfunctioning equipment.
Generate easy-to-interpret reports for your entire Wi-Fi project with a single click or create fully customized reports designed around your specific project needs.
3D Wi-Fi Network Planning
Plan for Coverage & Capacity
Ekahau Pro is a site survey tool that shows you where to place and how to configure your access points. It also accurately predicts network coverage, performance and capacity – in 3D. But wait, there’s more! Ekahau Pro includes built-in design profiles to meet commonly used guidelines from Cisco, Aruba, Polycom, Skype, Vocera and other vendors, making your job easier.
3D Modelling in Minutes
- Ultra-fast and accurate 3D propagation engine
- Multi-floor, multi-building, outdoor planning
- Wall materials, wall height
- Convert CAD drawings into walls
- Antenna direction, uptilt, downtilt
- Outdoor planning for urban areas
Automatic AP Placement
- Manual one-click AP placement option
- Easy-to-interpret heatmaps
- Supports 2500+ Wi-Fi access points and antennas
- Expansion planning combines measurements & simulation
- Automatic and accurate AP placement & channel assignment based on coverage and capacity requirements as well as surroundings including rogue and neighbouring APs
Hybrid Site Surveys
Site Surveys: Passive, Active, Throughput, Spectrum
Network Analysis, Optimisation and Simulation
Analyze collected data using one of 15 heatmaps to quickly determine the performance of the Wi-Fi network.
- Signal strength coverage
- Signal-to-noise ratio
- Data rate
- Packet loss
- Round-trip times
- Maximum Channel Bandwidth
- Number of access points (overlap)
- Network capacity problems
- Spectrum Channel Power
- Spectrum Utilization
- Wi-Fi channel width
- Co-channel / adjacent channel interference
- Capacity issues, such as excessive VoIP calls per radio, AP overload, …
- Customizable requirements
- Customizable requirement profiles
- Locate all access points
- Visualize measured/simulated/both
- Visualize data for all or selected surveys
- Analyze for all APs, per SSID, channel or AP
- Built-in requirements for VoIP, RTLS, video…
- Simulate how the network will perform using different Wi-Fi devices
- Survey Inspector: detailed, combined Wi-Fi and spectrum analysis
Troubleshooting: See & Solve Wi-Fi Problems
Ekahau Pro allows visual map-based analysis, as well as powerful live troubleshooting.
The Real-Time Frequency Monitor brings on-the-spot troubleshooting to a new level by combining spectrum and Wi-Fi data into one comprehensive, easy-to-read screen. Survey Inspector does the same for post-survey analysis.
The Network Issues view summarizes the Wi-Fi network condition; it shows why your network fails and where.
Channel Planner optimizes the channels in your network.
Fully Customizable Reports
The Ekahau Pro site survey tool creates a summarized report of the bill of materials, coverage and performance maps, capacity information, and the entire network layout.
With a single click of a button, the entire multi-floor, even multi-building site will be completely covered in a detailed report.
There’s two ways to report: Select template from the application, or create your own based on your corporate reporting template.
Capacity Planning & Analysis
Capacity is the New Coverage
Don’t just think coverage, think capacity, too. The Ekahau Pro Auto-Planner designs the network according to your capacity requirements and also shows overloaded APs and areas of excessive voice calls.
- Indicate network coverage areas
- Define your Wi-Fi clients
- Define applications run on the clients
- Prepare for network traffic peaks
- Configurable throughput surveys
Planning and Analysis
- Capacity Distribution: ensure even distribution of traffic per AP
- Simulate the impact of Wi-Fi equipment upgrades
- Capacity Health: show capacity problems
- Design a network based on capacity
- Throughput heatmaps (surveyed and calculated)
802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6) Support
Full Support for 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6)
- Automated design of 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax environments
- Channel planning for the mixed 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax environments
- 2500+ enterprise access points and antennas
… and Site Surveys …
- Passive and active 802.11ax site surveys
- 802.11ax throughput surveys
- 802.11ax noise and interference analysis
- Spectrum analysis (using Ekahau Sidekick)
- Channel bandwidth heatmaps
Wi-Fi works over public frequencies, which makes it vulnerable to interference from other devices sharing the same spectrum. Validate the availability of free RF spectrum by measuring channel utilization and detecting non-Wi-Fi interference from sources such as surveillance cameras, wireless intercom systems, headsets and microphones.
The Ekahau Sidekick fully integrates with Ekahau Pro to provide various tools for troubleshooting and minimizing interference issues during your Wi-Fi site survey, including automatic interference detection. This makes it easy for users to identify and locate the exact source causing Wi-Fi problems.
- Visualize measured interference and SNR levels on a floor plan
- Display and minimize co-channel interference
- Analyze spectrum utilization*
- Fully understand the spectrum and Wi-Fi behaviour in both 2.4 and 5GHz bands*
- On-the-spot + post-survey
- Spectrum analysis displayed as amplitude vs frequency density view, as well as over time*
*Ekahau Sidekick required.
macOS & Windows Support
macOS and Windows Support
Ekahau Pro runs natively on macOS and Windows.
- Supports 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax
- Network planning optimized for virtually all major Wi-Fi systems
- Supports multiple buildings and thousands of access points per project
- Optimized for all Wi-Fi brands including Cisco, Aruba, Arista, Ruckus, Extreme, Xirrus and Aerohive
- Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 (32bit, 64bit)
- Windows 8 (32bit, 64bit)
- Windows 7 (32bit, 64bit)
- Mac OS 10.11 (El Capitan) or higher
- Processor: 1.5+GHz, multi-core recommended
- Memory: 4+ GB RAM, 8GB RAM recommended, 16GB+ RAM recommended for very large projects
- Hard disk space: 1GB required
- Supported Wi-Fi adapter: Ekahau Sidekick (recommended) or SA-1 USB Wi-Fi Survey Adapter.
- Check the list of supported adapters below
- External supported adapter and integrated Wi-Fi adapter required for hybrid site surveys
- Supported floor plan formats:
- CAD: DWG/DXF
- Vector: SVG
- Bitmap: BMP/GIF/JPEG/PNG
Supported Wi-Fi Adapters
A USB-based Wi-Fi adapter, SA-1, is shipped with every purchase of Ekahau Pro. You will not need a third-party Wi-Fi adapter.
SA-1 is a dual-band Wi-Fi USB adapter that provides optimal performance, accuracy and reliability when used with Ekahau Pro. SA-1 has integrated dual-band antennas.
To maximize the survey speed and accuracy, Ekahau Pro also uses any other Wi-Fi adapter used at the same time – such as the adapter integrated to your laptop.
All Wi-Fi Adapters are Supported. Ekahau Pro supports active and passive site surveys. They can be performed simultaneously. For performing active surveys, Ekahau Pro supports all Wi-Fi adapters – integrated or external. Any Wi-Fi adapter, old or new, 802.11ax, 802.11ac, 802.11n, or 802.11abg, that works with Windows can be used for active surveys. These adapters include integrated adapters (Intel Centrino, etc), as well as all external adapters.
Supported Adapters Since passive surveys require more measurement accuracy, we support a handful of adapters. (See list below).
|Brand & model||Windows||Mac|
|Ekahau Sidekick (Sold separately)||Passive||Passive|
|USB Survey Adapter (SA-1, included with ESS-PRO)||Passive||N/A|
|Any Integrated Laptop Wi-Fi Adapter||N/A||Passive|
|Comfast CF-912AC||Passive||Active (experimental)|
|EdiMax AC1200||Passive||Active (experimental)|
|Proxim ORiNOCO 8494||Passive||N/A|
|Proxim ORiNOCO USB-9100||Passive||Active (experimental)|
Become a Wi-Fi Expert with Ekahau
- Learn about:
- Wi-Fi design fundamentals
- Antennas theory
- Wireless planning (with Ekahau Site Survey)
- How to conduct a Wi-Fi survey
- Troubleshooting Wi-Fi
- Classroom training
- A maximum of 8 people per class
Ekahau Certified Survey Engineer
Our intensive 4-day training course makes you a master in deploying and troubleshooting Wi-Fi, using Ekahau products. Both lectures, and tons of hand-on exercises with Ekahau Wi-Fi tools are used.
- 4-day training, including certification exam
- A maximum of 12 people per class
- Hands-on certification exam at the end of the class