Examine the common causes of Wi-Fi issues and the tools and techniques used to identify and resolve them
This 4-day course consists of classroom lectures and labs taught by Wi-Fi experts. Learn how to identify potential Wireless LAN issues and use best practice troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify and resolve these issues.
- Set a baseline of knowledge and shared vocabulary, covering fundamentals of RF, 802.11 and how Wi-Fi works from a Wi-Fi client device perspective.
- Work through 6 standard network troubleshooting processes using various tools and techniques at each stage to identify and resolve issues including: Investigate, Measure, Validate, Spectrum Analysis, Packet Capture, and Management Systems.
- Hands-on labs using free tools, low-cost tools and professional tools.
- No prerequisites, but CWNA is recommended. A firm grasp of OSI model, network protocols and network traffic flows is expected.
- Receive a highly regarded ECSE Troubleshooting certification after passing the certification exam.
- Maximum of 12 people per class.
Eddie is Founder and CEO of CommunicaONE Inc., and specializes in wireless survey, analysis and design, and implements WLANs throughout the U.S. Eddie brings practical knowledge and experience to help better understand how to apply the skills learned in the ECSE course. He is also the author of the popular blog, BadFi.com.