Examine the common causes of Wi-Fi issues and the tools and techniques used to identify and resolve them
This 4-day course consists of classroom lectures and labs taught by Wi-Fi experts. Learn how to identify potential Wireless LAN issues and use best practice troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify and resolve these issues.
- Set a baseline of knowledge and shared vocabulary, covering fundamentals of RF, 802.11 and how Wi-Fi works from a Wi-Fi client device perspective.
- Work through 6 standard network troubleshooting processes using various tools and techniques at each stage to identify and resolve issues including: Investigate, Measure, Validate, Spectrum Analysis, Packet Capture, and Management Systems.
- Hands-on labs using free tools, low-cost tools and professional tools.
- No prerequisites, but CWNA is recommended. A firm grasp of OSI model, network protocols and network traffic flows is expected.
- Receive a highly regarded ECSE Troubleshooting certification after passing the certification exam.
- Maximum of 12 people per class.
Ferney grew up in Colombia and moved to the USA in March 1999. Ferney has been working with technology for 27 years, 17 of them in networking and 10 years dealing with wireless networks. Ferney is currently employed by Canyons School District and Wireless LAN Professionals, and uses Ekahau to design, troubleshoot and maintain 1,450 Ruckus Wireless network at the school district.