Complete Visibility for Veeam Backup & Replication
Veeam® ONE™ is a powerful monitoring, reporting and capacity planning tool for the Veeam backup infrastructure and VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V virtual environments. It helps enable Availability for the Always-On Enterprise™ by providing complete visibility of the IT environment to detect issues before they have operational impact.
Maintaining consistent Availability
How can you ensure RTPO™ of < 15 minutes if you are unaware that your storage will run out of space in two days, or five VMs can’t be backed up due to configuration issues?
Complete visibility into both virtual and backup infrastructures is essential for delivering Availability for all applications and data. Veeam ONE provides deep, intelligent monitoring and reporting for vSphere, Hyper-V and Veeam environments, delivering your ‘morning coffee’ dashboard and intelligence reports needed to maintain modern data centre Availability.
- 24×7 real-time monitoring and alerting: Notifies you with alarms of backup and VM performance issues to avoid downtime and meet SLAs.
- Resource optimization and configuration tracking: Veeam helps you evaluate the performance of your infrastructure and ensures your existing configuration meets all known virtualisation platform and backup best practices.
- Capacity planning and forecasting: Forecast resource usage and utilization trends with “what if” modelling and resource overcommit tracking for your backup and virtual infrastructures.
Advanced dashboards, reporting and capacity planning
Veeam ONE’s technology is based on advanced analysis, industry best practices and years of experience. Dashboards offer at-a-glance health assessments of your backup and virtual infrastructures in one all-inclusive solution designed to provide complete visibility of your performance with one-click, including drill-down access to granular details, when needed. And, with no limits on the number of Veeam Backup & Replication™ servers, hosts, vCenter Servers, SCVMM servers and Hyper-V Failover Clusters that can be monitored and reported on, users can easily experience the benefits of Veeam ONE for their entire environment.
- 24×7 real-time monitoring and alerting
- 200+ pre-set alarms
- 100+ predefined reports
- Infrastructure Assessment tools for backup
- Veeam Backup & Replication v9 reports
- Veeam Cloud Connect monitoring and reporting capabilities
- Health and performance dashboards
- Performance and configuration assessment for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Advanced capacity planning with “what if” analysis and resource reservations
- Configuration tracking for both virtual and backup infrastructures
- Fully-customizable reporting and documentation
24×7 Performance monitoring and alerting
Veeam ONE provides real-time, agentless and unattended 24×7 performance monitoring of your backup and virtual infrastructures, designed to notify you of issues before applications and users are negatively impacted. Monitoring functionality includes:
- Real-time dashboards with drill-down views in one click
- Over 200 preset alarms based on best practices
- Extensive knowledge base connected to each alarm
- Detailed information to help you isolate root cause and quickly resolve issues
- Specific alarms dashboards designed to reduce discovery and troubleshooting times
- Dashboards for backup infrastructure performance and trends
- Dashboards for top consumers by any resource
You can also customise dashboards to match your specific needs. For example, you can get granular and monitor the performance, alerts, backup status and top VM from a specific cluster or business unit.
Performance and configuration assessment
Do you really know what’s happening in your VMware or Hyper-V environment at any given time? Can it properly handle load peaks? Keeping track of resource allocation and consumption is critical for maintaining Availability of IT services. Veeam ONE helps you with performance and configuration assessment, so you can identify:
- Largest resource consumers and which hosts are the least loaded
- Real-time and cumulative I/O load and latency on datastores
- If datastore latency and IOPs can allow for increased backup load
- Resource consumption data for hosts, clusters, resource pools and datastores
- VMs that cannot be protected because of unsupported configurations (e.g. VMs with pRDM or independent disks in VMware)
- Storage overcommitment and more!
Backup infrastructure reporting
Availability depends on backup infrastructure health and performance. Veeam ONE provides a dedicated set of assessment reports to ensure the configuration of all of your VMs are supported, VMs are processed by backup jobs, backups are running as planned and there is adequate space on your storage target to support your retention policy. Special assessment reports ensure that your Veeam Backup & Replication installation meets all known best practices. Some of the backup reporting includes:
- Backup infrastructure assessment
- Performance and bandwidth savings from Veeam’s built-in WAN acceleration
- Audit operator restore activity
- Status of backup and replication jobs
- Unprotected VMs that are not covered by any backup jobs
- Change tracking for backup job configuration and 20 other reports!
Capacity planning for VMware, Hyper-V and Backup
Using historical data, Veeam ONE provides performance forecasting and capacity planning for your VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, and backup infrastructures. You can forecast resource usage and utilisation trends with “what if” modelling and resource overcommit tracking for your backup and virtual infrastructures.
Is it possible to add three more SQL servers and take two hosts down for maintenance? Based on forecasted data, Veeam ONE takes the guesswork out of capacity planning. Now, you can manage several deployment projects, plan hardware upgrades and server downtime, and have confidence that your environment can handle it. With Veeam ONE you can:
- See when computing or storage resources will max out based on consumption trends
- Know when backup repositories will run out of space for the configured backup jobs
- Emulate resources Availability when adding new VMs, hosts, compute or storage resources
- Plan heterogeneous expansion and changes across VMware and Hyper-V together
- Take into account several capacity planning projects and make reservations
- Eliminate guesswork as well as Excel-based and manual calculations
Raw data analysis and advanced report customization
Sometimes you just need the raw data for your analysis. With Veeam ONE you can easily access raw performance data and custom infrastructure reports for vSphere and Hyper-V, including specific CPU, memory, network and disk metrics.
Veeam ONE allows you to define your own configuration parameters, performance metrics and filters, providing maximum flexibility. And for easy report generation, Veeam ONE’s Custom Report Builder allows you to pull data from any field inside any existing report into one, all-inclusive document, providing the complete visibility you need.
VMware infrastructure platforms:
- VMware vSphere 4.1, 5.x and 6.x; and free ESXi;
- vCloud Director 5.1, 5.5,
- vCenter Server 4.1, 5.x, 6.x.
Only the English version of VMware infrastructure is supported.
Microsoft infrastructure Platforms:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, 2012, 2012 R2;
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 SP1, 2012, 2012 R2 both paid and free
- Microsoft SC VMM 2008 R2 SP1, 2012, 2012 R2