Clear your encrypted traffic blind spot
Encryption protects the privacy and integrity of data, but also creates a blind spot that attackers can exploit to evade security controls. Considering over half of all Internet traffic today is encrypted, it creates a rather large gap in an organization’s security posture, leading to increased vulnerability and risk, as well as a damaged reputation. The Symantec SSL Visibility Appliance, a key component of the Encrypted Traffic Management solution set, enables organizations to cost-effectively eliminate blind spots within their environment and maximize the effectiveness of their security infrastructure investments. With Symantec, organizations have the visibility and control they need over encrypted traffic to ensure compliance with their privacy, regulatory and acceptable use policies.
Gain visibility into the blind-spot impacting your security tools while maintaining privacy compliance.
Enable the secure inspection of TLS 1.3 encrypted traffic
Empower security tools to find threats hiding within TLS encryption
Industry-leading capabilities for enabling the secure inspection of encrypted threats are now extended to the official version of TLS 1.3 (RFC 8446). Customers get the most extensive out-of-the box set of high security cipher suites and advanced TLS support to enable security tools across all traffic ports and protocols.
- Enables the inspection of all ports and protocols of traffic including TLS 1.3
- Includes 100 native Cipher Suites
- Supports secure inspection for all previous TLS versions
- Is quickly added to existing network infrastructure
Enable secure SSL/TLS inspection & preserve data integrity
Secure SSL/TLS interception from the global leader in cybersecurity
SSL Visibility Appliance is a comprehensive, extensible solution that assures high-security encryption. While other vendors only support a handful of cipher-standards, the SSL Visibility Appliance provides timely and complete standards support, with 100 Cipher Suites and key exchanges offered. Unlike other solutions, this does not downgrade cryptography levels and weaken your organization’s security posture, putting it at greater risk.
- Industry-leading support for Cipher Suites (RSA, DHE, ECDHE, ChaCha, Camilla, etc.)
- Supports TLS 1.1 – 1.3 (including RFC 8446) and handshake mechanisms
- Mirrors client preferences
- No reduction in strength of security posture for user sessions
Improve the ROI of your entire security infrastructure
Removing an encryption blind spot can improve existing security tools by up to 50%
SSL Visibility cost-effectively enhances your existing security infrastructure. Recognizing that multiple devices need access to SSL/TLS traffic in your infrastructure, this solution can feed active and passive devices simultaneously, perfectly complementing your existing security solutions (e.g. DLP, IPS, NGFW, sandbox) without breaking your budget or hindering their performance.
- Avoid the 3x to 5x hardware capacity upgrade costs often required by security solutions needing SSL inspection
- Equip network forensics and incident response technologies to gain appropriate visibility into encrypted traffic – critical in breach-related events
- Extend the reach of your tools feeding them all types of traffic
Preserve privacy and compliance with selective decryption
Gain insight and maintain compliance with HIPAA, PCI and other privacy regulations
The SSL Visibility Appliance provides a powerful, granular policy engine that expedites and simplifies the enforcement and management of security policies for SSL/TLS encrypted traffic.
This allows policy enforcement based on simple, familiar categories such as Financial Services, Health, Malicious Sources/Malnets, Phishing and more.
Enabled by the unprecedented insights of the Global Intelligence Network, the Host Categorization service within the SSL Visibility Appliance helps enterprises create granular policies that balance their data privacy and security requirements.
- Comprehensive policy enforcement
- Centralized policy management
- Compliant handling of sensitive data