Protect Critical Application Performance, Ensure User Experience, and Align Network Resources with Business Priorities
Protect Critical Business & Cloud Application Performance
PacketShaper protects critical application performance and enables cloud adoption by ensuring superior performance and user experience for important cloud applications such as Office 365 and Salesforce. Powered by Global Intelligence Network, the PacketShaper can clearly identify cloud, business and mobile applications and application flows. Unique technologies such as TCP Rate Control and flexible QoS policies can effectively control network traffic flows to ensure network resource alignment and optimized application performance.
- Clearly identify all business and cloud applications, and application traffic
- Simple and easy-to-deploy QoS policies to manage network and application traffic
- Bandwidth guarantee and prioritization for critical applications
- Constrain disruptive traffic to minimize impact on critical applications
- Manage application performance with patented TCP Rate Control technology
“The Blue Coat PacketShaper helps us to manage what would otherwise by untenable commercial risks in bandwidth fluctuation. We estimate that we are saving at least £40,000 per year using PacketShaper.”
Rob Derbyshire, Operations Director at Marston’s Telecoms
Manage WAN and Internet Link Efficiency, Ensure Superior User Experience
PacketShaper offers highly-scalable platforms for all your WAN and Internet performance optimization needs. With throughput capacity ranging from 10Mbps to 10Gbps, it offers the scalability and performance for today’s demanding enterprise network environment.
In a world that is increasingly more interactive, mobile, and content-driven, the PacketShaper helps businesses deliver a superior user experience and control unnecessary bandwidth increases:
- 360° view of all network traffic, including all ports and protocols
- Auto-discovery and real-time classification of thousands of apps & millions of URLs into 84 categories
- Reserve bandwidth for critical and real-time applications
- Contain disruptive and recreational traffic while reclaiming bandwidth from non-business usage
- Contain disruption and cost increase while embracing new trends such as BYOD, video and social media
- Real-time monitoring of network status & traffic flows with built-in dashboards
Deliver QoS and Ensure User Experience for Backhaul Traffic
Backhauled WAN architectures extend all the performance problems with Internet video, cloud, and other applications over MPLS-based WAN. A mixture of business, personal, BYOD, and recreational traffic can create havoc for the WAN performance and a network management nightmare for the IT administrators.
With per-site bandwidth policies from a central location, the PacketShaper can protect the performance of critical applications and contain disruptive applications and users to minimize their impact on the network.
- Site-based QoS policies
- Auto classification of applications and traffic flows
- Real-time monitoring of usage and key troubleshooting stats
Assure Wi-Fi and VDI Performance
User experience in a Wi-Fi or a VDI network can be impacted by the behaviour of aggressive users and applications. Poor user experience leads to user complaints, increased support cost and potentially poor customer satisfaction.
The unique dynamic sub-partition feature of the PacketShaper helps to contain disruptive users and applications, and to improve user experience by ensuring fair and equal access for all.
- Unique dynamic sub-partition feature to ensure fair sharing of Wi-Fi or VDI bandwidth
- Provide equal access to Wi-Fi & VDI networks for all users
- Dynamically distribute available bandwidth among active users
- Limit bandwidth consumption by aggressive users or applications
Monitor Network Integrity & Performance
With a full 360° view of the network, the PacketShaper monitors the network traffic on all ports and protocols. The PacketShaper reports provide insights on application and user behaviours that can impact network performance or integrity.
Two types of reports are available. The On-Box reporting feature delivers pre-configured reports for a quick overview of key traffic statistics to identify potential abuses or security gaps in the network. The NetX central reporting solution takes a unified approach to monitoring network and application performance in distributed networks. Working together with the PacketShaper, NetX delivers unparalleled visibility into application and user behaviours that is essential in managing and maintaining the performance and integrity for the network.
- Complete insight into the behaviour of applications and services using the network
- Identify disruptive applications and users, and potential security gaps
- Optimize network to meet business and performance SLA requirements