Protect the organisation with comprehensive, multi-layered email security and content controls
Mimecast Secure Email Gateway uses sophisticated, multi-layered detection engines and intelligence to protect email data and employees from malware, spam, advanced threats and zero-day attacks.
With over 16,000 customers, Mimecast’s threat intelligence and adaptive network are constantly improving defences to eliminate new and advanced threats. Contain spear-phishing attempts by reviewing every URL for threats and make sure spam and malware don’t reach your network.
The majority of organisations have no solution for preventing data leakage. With Mimecast, policies are set centrally and employee applications secure data so organisations don’t risk compliance and policy violations whether in an on-premises, cloud or hybrid environment.
Mimecast Secure Email Gateway excels at protecting your network from known risks and advanced threats, and applying security controls to information flowing into and out of the organisation.
- Be protected with 99% anti-spam with 0.0001% false positives, 100% anti-malware including zero-hour protection and 100% availability SLA.
- Specially handle graymail such as mailing lists and newsletters for easy filing and decluttering inboxes.
- Minimize spam disruption and protect infrastructure from DDOS.
- Gain flexibility with two modes of operation.
- Retention Mode – Enable valuable capabilities and services including Track and Trace, Secure Messaging, Large File Send and Content Control.
- Zero Retention – Eliminate legal and privacy concerns as email passes through the gateway without being stored beyond delivery.
- Improve employee productivity and cut help desk calls with end user self-service to manage blocked and permitted senders.
- Support mail validation such as DKIM.
Central Administrative Control for all security policies
Global and finely-tuned policies are easy to set with Mimecast’s integrated Secure Email Gateway. Our advanced Message Transfer Agent (MTA) tools in the cloud provide a level of control that administrators need.
- Easily handle challenges such as flexible inbound routing and traffic-splitting, without adding infrastructure.
- Route email using Active Directory group membership or attributes for ultimate flexibility.
- Manage email address or domain changes as simple policy settings in a central console so you can change it once and for all.
- Get the ability to rewrite addresses inbound and outbound for complex, multi domain environments.
- Apply policies hierarchically at the organisation, group or mailbox level for broad and fine-grained control.
- Mitigates risk of spear-phishing and advanced threats in email
- Removes the graymail burden for end users
- Enables effortless email encryption and secure delivery
- Interactive digests from Outlook
- Self-service quarantine
- User invoked secure communication
Mimecast Service Platform
- Centrally administered via single, web-based administration console
- Mimecast Personal Portal for user access
- Scalable, multi-tenant cloud infrastructure backed by 100% service availability SLA
- Automated synchronization with company Active Directory for policy and access control
- Monitoring dashboard for email queues and services, with SMS and email alerting
- Advanced routing capability, supporting real-time view of all SMTP connections and rejections
- Detailed transmission data for every email that is processed by Mimecast
Email threat protection
- Multi-layered malware protection against known and zero-day threats
- Comprehensive connection-based and content-based spam and phishing protection
- Personal permit and block lists to fine tune spam preferences and end user email digests for personal quarantine management
- SLAs: 100% virus protection; 99% spam protection; 0.0001% spam false positives
Data leak prevention capability
- Content examination of email body text, attachments, HTML, headers and subject
- Weighted dictionaries for threshold policy triggering and intelligent recognition of structured data. e.g. credit card numbers
- Immediate enforcement of email security and DLP policies and the ability to block, hold pending review or bcc a group
- Metadata stripping and PDF to remove the risk of leaked Office document metadata, e.g. tracked changes, comments etc.
- Met Email encryption with best-effort and policy-enforced TLS
- Secure Messaging, enables simple and secure email delivery from Outlook or Mimecast Personal Portal
Email stationery management and marketing tools
- Flexible, policy-based signature and legal notice creation and application for corporate branding and image control