Comprehensive Visibility and Control
Mobility and cloud drive productivity but introduce risk. To protect your assets, you must see the users, applications, devices, and threats on your network and what they are doing. Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls deliver the network visibility, superior protection, and greater automation you need to defend against today’s threats.
Support evolving business needs
Safely deploy new applications by providing advanced application-layer security services for a wide range of popular applications, including Web-based applications, e-mail, voice over IP (VoIP), video, and multimedia applications.
Control access to business resources
Prevent unauthorised access to applications or information assets by providing identity-based access control services that can tie into services like Microsoft Active Directory, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), or RSA SecurID.
Increase employee productivity
Prevent the loss of employee productivity by preventing spam, spyware, and inappropriate Web browsing.
Improve business resiliency
Prevent disruption of business-critical applications and services due to security breaches by implementing the industry’s most-deployed enterprise-grade firewall and content security security technology.
Reduce clean-up costs
Free up IT support resources and reduce the costly process of cleaning up spyware, viruses, and other malware by preventing the infection from occurring.
Enable safe remote access
Allow employees and partners to remotely access the network without the introduction of business-crippling threats by using the solution’s unique, threat-protected VPN capabilities.
Achieve operational efficiency
Reduce costs associated with deployment and ongoing management and monitoring of the security solution by using a single, easy-to-install, easy-to-use solution.
Reduce the company’s exposure to liability related to compromised data or inadequate corporate controls by implementing comprehensive access control and threat protection services in a single device.
Robust Multilayered Threat Protection
Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Firewalls help you to balance security effectiveness with productivity. This solution offers the combination of the industry’s most deployed stateful firewall with a comprehensive range of next-generation network security services, including:
- Granular visibility and control
- Robust web security on-site or in the cloud
- Industry-leading intrusion prevention system (IPS) to protect against known threats
- Comprehensive protection from threats and advanced malware
- World’s most widely deployed ASA firewall with highly secure Cisco AnyConnect remote access
Cisco offers the industry’s first threat-focused next-generation firewall: Cisco ASA with FirePOWER Services available on the Cisco ASA 5500-X Series and ASA 5585-X Adaptive Security Appliances. With this solution you get proven Cisco ASA firewall protection, combined with industry-leading Sourcefire threat and advanced malware protection in a single device.
Protect your business with superior visibility and highly effective, threat-focused defence across the entire attack continuum. It provides comprehensive visibility, reduced cost and complexity, and real-time protection from malware and emerging threats.
Wide Range of Sizes and Form Factors
Protect networks of all sizes with multiscale performance and a wide range of form factors. Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Firewalls are available as:
- Stand alone appliances tailor-made small and mid-size businesses
- Ruggedised appliances designed for extended temperature range operation in industrial or critical infrastructure environments
- Mid-size appliances for businesses improving security at the Internet edge
- High performance and throughput appliances for demanding enterprise data centres
- High-performance blades that integrate with the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches
- Virtual instances to provide enterprise-class security for private and public clouds
Proven, Enterprise-Class Platform
All Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Firewalls are powered by Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Software, with enterprise-class stateful inspection and next-generation firewall capabilities. ASA software can be configured with the following capabilities:
- Integration with other essential network security technologies
- Enhanced user ID awareness from Cisco TrustSec security group tags, and Identity-Based Firewall
- Up to 640 Gbps of throughput by clustering up to 16 ASA 5585-X appliances
- High availability for high-resiliency applications
- Robust next-generation security with Cisco ASA with FirePOWER Services